Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Maharashtra #BeefBan - arguing with hypocrites (Facebook conversation)

Hypocrisy on beef ban
Hypocrisy rules


We all have argued and debated in our lives especially with people online. Now when you argue or debate you expect people to be genuine and natural, at least when it happens amongst people we know. Trolls are trolls, but here a recent incident of my argument on FB with a friend I worked with for almost a year makes me differ.
It all started with a post made in humour about the recent beef ban or rather a complete ban on cow slaughter in my home state Maharashtra. I have abbreviated the names to maintain privacy of individuals concerned.

Me - Good for all
(while the post is all about LOLs and humour, I took an exception to it and posted a simple yet serious response.)

RL - Good!! Where??
(This is the starting point of the conversation that moves from humour post to a serious conversation)

Me - Good for animals and man too RL
(I explain myself to be more clear on what I meant)

RL - Ya ya..... Good for the Cow
(The attitude is still irreverant)

Me - Food for thought check out > http://www.sanskritimagazine.com/ethical_living/some-of-the-most-common-arguments-given-by-meat-eaters/ 
 (I try to reason with an article post I read that contains several rational, logical and statistical points)

RL - just because you are brought up in a Hindu Brahmin family you are talking about this..... what if you were brought up in a Christian or a Muslim family or any other family who eats meat?
(when reason fails, the victimization approach shows up, as if giving up beef or cruelty towards animals was an exclusive prerogative of the Hindus and requires a tough call of Ghar wapsi for his ilk. If at all it does, I think it makes sense for his entire cult to do that asap)

Me - If I see things correctly the Almighty created us all as equals with virtues of love, compassion for all creation of God including animals, its just a matter of thought, conscience. And besides that the numbers in the article are not ones to be ignored.
(I try to reason on his point; mind you it is here where his response has taken a communal turn to this conversation, though I still focus on reasoning and rationality)

RL - If you think that god created all humans and animals as equals.... Then why are we living in flats and animals are on roads starving.
Also I don't know how authentic is that article you posted...... every human thinks they are right in their own way. Some talk about it and some create articles like these.

So the article means to say the no vegetarian have died of cancer, cholesterol and heart attacks??? Will saving animals solve the deforestation crisis?? Why only ban beef? ban killing of all animals..... Will the country or the world Will be able to sustain that?
Trust me I am not interested what people do with their lives being a vegetarian or not. But you cannot just enforce thing just because some people though so??
(More dogmatic logic that is driven by sub conscious dogma for the cult because it cant stand human logic and reasoning. Simple comprehension with reference to context would be enough to understand my reference that I explain in my comment below.)

Me – RL you got me wrong, I never said man and animals to be equal, I was referring to your comment abt me being Hindu Brahmin, animals arent equal as man in intelligence but they do sense pain like us. Hence we live in flats and you dont realise enough cause someone else kills them for youi. Not sure if you read the article it counters all arguments of deforestation too. References have been quoted within. Finally I'd say our love for the cow can be seen in the light of Christians' and Muslims' love for their Prophets. Its believed he sacrificed his life 2000 years back for love. I get my love everyday #milk and I'm grateful for that, hence the joy on #beefban
(I still make a futile attempt to drive the conversation to rational thinking and logical thought that forms the basis of his dogma. Still make an attempt to drive him to key stats and reasoning within the article)

RL - Trust me AS(that’s me), we can go on and on in this. Also I don't see any connection between my question and your response.... I wish and pray you continue living the way of life you have been living...... I shall not question you, shove article's in front of you stating how eating non veg will save this planet or even think of serving non veg when we meet.
But trust me I still love a beef burger, beef kheema and beef steak........#beefban
(Now the accusation of irrelevance when he realises he is the one who has been irrelevant so far, stresses his beliefs, adding animal misogynism to fuel his self belief)

RF – RL I haven't seen any tiger die of a heart disease...the moment anyone touched my food plate they made it personal. Regrettably, this is the real " Sabka saath Sabka vikas"...majoritarianism at its worst...Man was born wild...just like the tiger...Later laziness creeped in and he resorted to farming..all lousy hunters switched to farming...unsurprisingly some lousy hunters stills under the cover of night gorge on hunters spoils...more self proclaimed veggies line up to buy beef at beef stalls...coz not only its poor man's meat...its a dish of the world...by that measure the world who eats beef are monsters...are they ! Phew...wait till more such unilateral majoritarian leanings are thrusted on the meeker citizens...
(Support from the ilk and the cult now… claims of right to food and idiotic analogies to tigers. Moves on to accuse the democratic process and the government. See the highlighted part to rate his sub zero IQ level into negative integers. )


AS - We can speak when we meet bro... anyways I'm happy that the law is on my side for now
(I try to end it to avoid any further with a positive proclamation on the law of the land )

RM - When there was a Ban on Pork in Kashmir then y there was no Hue and CRY
(Some support from an unknown friend who shares same belief as me and rationale too which is evident from his question)

RL – RM what was the % of pork eaters in Kashmir????
(Talking numbers when it suits convenience, rationalistic hypocrisy at its best, wasn’t ready to even consider the numbers quoted in the article)

RM - So can you let us know what is the % of Cow meat eaters in Maharashtra
(But then problem with hypocrisy is that it fails the test of rationalism, counter question stumps RL)

RM - Majoritarians in Kashmir doesn't want Pork same as in Maharshtra
(More rationalism, more logic)

RM - Beef is not ban in Goa because Majoritarians doesn't want ban on that
(Hypocrites in silent mode now)

RF - Kashmir vs maharashtra. Don't think vr comparing apples to apples ! Many things / laws don't apply to Kashmir versus rest of India. The question is can majority decide the food plate of the minority. FOOD PLATE !!! Isn't this talibanisation ?
(More hypocrisy, now looking for cover in geo-politics since argument cant be answered either ways)

RM - And for your information in GOA there is a BJP govt
(Cultists are losers at politics too)

RF - Goa cannot ban beef Bcoz Goa is a tourism state. Ban beef and the state will be in doldrums. It's pure economics. Atithi Devo bhava
(Idiot arguing to aid drift from the real arguments, trying to shift the beef guilt blame onto tourists)

RM - ohhhh Every thing will be compare, U also can have a Statewise comparison where Cow meat is banned


(Rationalism at its best, throws a geo-infographic oblivious of the fact that the idiot’s husk filled brain cant comprehend anything intellectual)

RF - India is turning into another Taliban. Frisson state of the country. I understand someone doesn't want to eat and I respect that but I don't give someone the unequivocal right to decide what I can eat or should eat and expect that to be respected in equal measure. Rest my case
(More victimization at play, parasite abusing the very same country it thrives on comparing it to failed states, trying to sneak out of the argument seeing little room for legitimacy of his stance)

RM - Aahh that's the typical answer of the looser. Go the Muslim Majority & write against them u will come 2 know about Taliban
(Rationalism trying to highlight facts of differences that hypocrisy is trying to equate. And ironically the volume of humans killed in other countries is more than that of animals killed in India)

Me -  Right to migration
(After a long break, I try to end it with a quip)

RM - Ohh If Someone demands that they want to Eat a Human Flesh so according to you govt should allow them. Because it's there right to decide what they want to eat
(Rationalism giving an alternate simulation to stupid hypocrisy to analyse)

RF - I pardon your ignorance since you are blinded by the majoritarian ego...For your kind information and at your leisure please read the Indian constitution. When I last read it it was still secular ! You are entitled to your radical view...and I am entitled to mine view...this is India...Welcome to India bro...the real India doesn't think radically like you do..all live in right to equal acceptance..brotherhood and tolerance...atleast that's what we do on our planet not sure what they do on where you come from...rest my case
(Now for the sake of lame defence, hypocrisy takes a turn towards quoting civics and constitution, albeit at its convenience and in parts)

RM  - Ahhhh typical Sickular logic
(Rationalism finally realizes hypocrisy at work)

RM - 24 out of 29 states in India currently have various regulations prohibiting either the slaughter or sale of cows
(More numbers)

Me - Russell if majoritarian ego prevents murder of innocent animals so be it, RIP secularism
(Humanity anyone ??)
RM - Are u talking about the secular constitution go & read the Article 38A in Constitution which allows the state govt have a right to ban the Slaughter of Cow
(The gets lessons in civics)

RF - RM n AS..I respect ur sentiments and it's very easy to get carried away...FYI the beef served in hotels n shops is not beef anyway..Cow slaughter was banned way back in 1976...the new ban is extending it to calves, Bulls and bullocks....the new law doesn't ban slaughter of Buffaloes which is what is carabeef...the regular carabeef will continue to be on the plates !!! So your angst is needless and misguided...as far as murder of innocent animals is concerned...strictly speaking even the extreme veggies will agree that all feast on death ( aint counting the billion innocent microbes and bacteria that we so deliciously ruminate on)....anyone and everyone feasts on death of something innocent..so let's not be hypocritical...the trend of " I am right and you are wrong " and " I am majority so I will decide and you can squirm"...is setting a disturbing trend in a nation which simply can't afford it...peace be with you both...enjoy ur weekend while I feast on what's on my plate mainly beef !
(Trying to be politically correct and peddling another silly argument of bacteria and plants which is already debunked by science)

RL - Sorry for not responding...... my net was not working
(Tech glitches or time out)

RM - How foolish ur logic is . The pic is show above is of COW not a Buffalo. So who is hypocrites every1 knows
(RM exposing hypocrites on a roll)

RL – RM answering your question..... 0% of people eat cow meat as it was stopped year's ago. Even import of cow meat... I have no idea if cow's were slaughtered illegally. I suggest you answer my question now..
(Again trying to appropriate the argument to pose diversionary questions)

RM - Now it is made a criminal offence & for your answer in Kashmir 99% population is of Muslims so they are following there Sharia law
(Straight answer)

RL - Thanks RM for answering your question......
(Rare courtesy)

RM - Most Welcome RL
(Reciprocated)

RF - Gais...each of you are entitled to your own view point...this is India..let's Moooooooo on...
(Trying to escape with a face to save, using puns to mock the other side)

RM - Thanks for letting us know & if Cow slaughter was ban already then How Come Cow has a Ache Din
(Plain rationalism)

Me - Russell you need to study pre school science to understand if we are really killing bacteria, they are still alive in curd even after consumption... the article link above will help you understand the difference between plants and animals
(Trying to debunk the myths about bacteria. Bacteria consumed by us aren’t killed. They are consumed as good bacteria that aid our physiological well being and survive within our bodies. Quoting the article to educate the idiot)

RF - Amit...what's the use of learning anything in pre-school when people grow up and become intolerant...be that as it may...with due respect to you biology mastery...a simple Google search will help you appreciate the view point little better ( btw last time when I found out plants were "living" things and there is more "living" microbes in ones food than in the faeces)...unless you don't want to understand. In such case, even Aristotle can't help...Let's moooo on to each its own..without drooling over each other's plate..
(Cheap philosophical preaching of tolerance. Reasoning for tolerance when himself arguing for killing innocent animals as food.)

MF - For people saying that cows give them milk....so does the goat y not ban them. Hens lay eggs which we consume ban that as well. And to top it off trees n plants are responsible for producing the oxygen we consume.....stop eating that as well. Its jus a very once sided logic which ppl choose to use as per their convinience.
(Second accomplice of the cult, giving illogical analogies of hens and eggs. Idiot chooses to ignore that oxygen emanating plants are grown again for the next crop.)

RM - Is Hens, Goat are holy 2 any1. If yes banned it.
(RM counters and asks for a total ban on killing for food.)

MF - You did not answer bout the plants....... I assume u are Vegetarian. As I said, right above me is the perfect display to "Logic as per convinience"
(Plant question remains)

Me - More scientific ignorance...
(facepalm)

MF - Please do you care to explain the science behind my argument...... or do you wanna jus throw words like science, bramins, hindus and prove your self superiority
(Racism part 2. Accusing with claims nobody ever made during this entire argument)

Me - Its getting racist now ... Mervyn you were one of us 2k years back#retrospect & respect
(Racism answered with historical facts)

MF - There it is another random word......"racist"...... Place note that me and you are of the same race.....Indians/Asians.
(Cant take the sting from the response, trying to drive the conversation elsewhere)

MF - I have the same respect for you dude but try not enforcing your way of life on others
(Trying to be politically correct)

Me - I aint doing it ... a lawfully elected govt is doing it... and you still have the freedom to eat without killing if your conscience allows you to. And appreciating the mutual respect we all have for each others' religions giving up beef wouldnt need law enforcement
(Simple answer, a democratically elected government imposes a ban on beef )

MF - Yea I kno the govt is doing this but don't we live in a secular country!!! I don't have the right to eat now because it's banned alrite!!! So I hope u understand wat I'm saying. So now the govt will decide wat I can and cannot eat. I can respect u and ur religious without affecting my food habits. That's all I'm saying
(The argument of secularism, the nut feels secularism supercedes democracy)

Me - Mervyn the food habit argument aint rational... tomorrow cannibals may claim special rights to slaughter humans under "sickularism"
(Again cannibals can also claim to be minority someday and demand human meat for food, will secularism comply? )

MF - See there you go.....you have youself claimed that you do not want Secularism by calling it " sickularism " and have compared other religons to cannibalism. And you say you respect me........Please avoid the hypocrisy buddy.
(Cry victimization part 2, so with no reference to religion, conclusively decides for me what I intended to say and also that it was hypocrisy…long live hypocrisy.)

MF - Now you see what kind of Govt we have......One that divides us on issues like these. Hoping there is a re election soon. N jus like in delhi BJP will no longer be voted again. Ashamed for voting such a govt.
(Abusing politics part 2)

Me - I think Hinduism is secular enough for everyone around it, hence no need for fake mask of secularism. I did not liken anything to cannibalism, if you see similarities its your problem... anyways I feel our discussion is spoiling RL’s social profile
(my 3rd attempt to make my stand clear and avoid any further argument)

MF - So you see your argument clearly states my previous fact that things are used as per one's convenience. Jus a lil earlier you where the one calling it " sickularism " n now u say Hinduism is secular enough. Also, since so long you having been using Science as an argument.......So now I say science does not believe in God but m sure you will dis the same science whose support u were using ealier. N m sure RL's social profile is fine. Its just the truth that hurts a few.
(Now the nut in his narcissistic sense of ownership of science as a thought system proclaims his belief to be the global belief of the line of human thought that is actually an abstract notion)

Me - You are new to online terminologies it seems. Sickularism reffers to the fake secularism. Your narcicissm crosses human limits when you claim on behalf of science doesnt believe in God. Hinduism predates everything and Hinduism is scientific enough to find a place globally. Truth hurts and it did hurt Mother Teresa too recently.
(Some things explained)

MF - 1) Oh realy thn pls enlighten me ....... Wat is Fake Secularism? Wat did I say reflected Fake Secularism. I respect hindus but I dont want to be one. Its not the way of life I choose. So is that a crime???

2) And wats with narcicissm???? Look up the definition n you shall see thats exaclty wat u are since you think so higly of your beliefs that others should also follow. I never enforced anything or any of my beliefs to others. I just wanna have beef and that right has been taken from me. And that's all im pissed about.
(More crap trying to justify his holy self and debating on irrelevant parts of the conversation)

Me - You are narcissist when you claim to speak on behalf of science an abstract description of line of study. Hinduism has never done to its people anything to what what invaders have.
(Dictionary explanation given with example)

MF - You haven't replied to my first point. You seem to be answering arguments as per ur convince I see. Anyways bottom line is I'm not happy with the government banning beef and will continue to to hope the next government lifts this stupid ban.
(Accusation trying to counter facts)

Me - Lolllzzzz I can see the kejriwal in u who asks questions to everyone but doesn't want to answer...read the entire discussion to discover....hahaha
(Me trying to pull off a political joke on Arvind Kejriwal…anyways this guys name rhymed with Arvind Kejriwal)

MF - Wats wrong with u man!!! With me wanting to eat beef I've now become Kejriwal!!!! Stop making a fool of yourself man.....
(Irritation)

Me - Its OK mervyn anyways ive realised I've been doing this as futile as blowing trumpet to buffaloes
(Finally I realize my mistake in preaching Persian to Chinese)

MF - Thnk God atleast now you realise how we feel this everyday wen we come across such arguments with religious blinded folks!!! Peace out!!!!
(Thankful this seems to be coming to an end, tries to end it with a blame on me)

Me - And you still don't realize how we feel when we quietly tolerate this secular hypocrisy that stands no moral, ethical, rational, economical standards of humans...thx for sharing your values...will add to my do not list
(I give it back as good as it gets)

RL – AS seriously man what's up with you? Lost your mind or something? I saw your wall and noticed nobody cares a shit what you post.... and here you come insulting my friend's...... If you have a problem with my posts or my friends comments block me and sod off!!!!
(RL is back with vengeance and with big lies claiming my insulting behavior towards his friends. Left with no valid arguments or a decent exit from the current situation he tries to play up the lack of social action on my timeline as a legitimate justification for his cruel craving for beef. Tries to shoo me off to avoid further obvious embarrassment on his timeline)

AAC - Wow ! So much over a piece of beef.. Now I truly finds its worth..
(A dickhead trying to score some social brownie points)

RL - Seriously man!!!
(Reassuring himself of righteousness)

Me – RL Im perfectly fine, mind body and soul...doesn't matter if my wall doesn't seem fine to you...my opinions stand by moral ethics which is enough for my conscience, I didn't insult any one anywhere though I pointed out it wouldn't be appropriate to further it, one of them went on....I have no problem with what you post Roncy ....seems a few have problem with someone calling spade a spade and the law too ...u won't find any other comments from me ever... though I'd always be a friend and as open as I am
(My final slap to RL where I comprehensively present my claim to sensibility and the blatant hypocrisy of his petty club on all counts during the course of this conversation)

MF - Oh you poor soul!!! Feel sry for what politics and religion had done to you. Hope you get well soon buddy.
(The nut trying to score some brownie points knowing that I wont be posting any more)

RM - ohhhh what a Sacred Soul not indulge in Politics & religion. Go & See all the comments u will come 2 know who is indulge in region & politics
(But wait RM isn’t done yet, comes back to rap the nut)

MF - Go and see his wall n you'll understand what m talking about
(So finally the focus of the argument for the morons has shifted from rational human thinking on beef ban to my profile)

RM - Why are u upset by seeing his wall. So to impress u he should post what u guys will like.
(Despising people basis of their opinions and beliefs is tool of morons who want to manipulate people to suit their interests)

RM - Ohhhh he is a BJP supporter & ur against BJP & Modi.So you can cry as much you want
(More for the nut)

MF - Lol look dude I'll leave it up to the ppl reading wat they think bout the comments. Let's just stop this here, we all have better things in life to do. It's Saturday out n enjoy
(Still looking for excuses to seek a reputable exit from the muck throwing they indulged in)

RM - Who has Started Majoritrians , Minoritrains, About BJP govt, People will come 2 know by reading the comments & yes have a Great Weekend
(The internet never forgets, though I have my doubts due to lack of trust on the moron club, I decided to write this  blog and I also possess the screenshots of the conversation that I’d post as a proof of authenticity)

RL – RM, yes I post stuff on my wall which people like. Instead of posting things which create unwanted hatred and divide.
Just because I don't post religion, bjp posts, congress posts etc that doesn't mean I hate my country and people around me.
The post I added was for fun. that's why the "lol" comment with an intention that my friends will have a laugh over it. Those friends who liked my posts are non vegetarian and pure vegetarians. They saw my post laughed over it and moved on. Rest of my friend's who are from different castes and creed choose to ignore it. I don't have any problems with them. We all chose to move on.
But you guy's have created such a controversy over it and look at the result it created hatred and divide among us. I ended up being rude to a person who I shared such a great rapport when we worked together.

Anyways we all had a 2 days long debate over my post. Which I seriously didn't expect it to happen.

Let's stop this now.

Wishing you guys have a wonderful weekend
(RL  trying to claim how the fault entirely lies on me for snowballing this conversation into a controversy and how the silence of others is a (presumed) default validation of his point of view and not a vindication of my point of view. Trying to play the grand tune of secularism.)



No comments:

Post a Comment